Shobhaa De: Classy and Forthright!

You mat have heard about Slumdog boy Dev Patel going around calling Hollywood "institutionally racist". After only receiving the same old stereotype parts, the actor finally got a role in the film The Last Airbender which eventually found its way into a racist row. The actor said, "sian actors tend not to be sent challenging Hollywood scripts. I’m likely to be offered roles of a terrorist, cab driver and smart geek... I want to show that I have versatility...I’m buzzing with adrenaline and raring to go, but I have to be realistic. Being an Asian actor, it’s never going to be easy. Hopefully the industry is changing and the casting directors will be less focused on colour, so that people like myself can get through the door." And of course, my uber favorite Shobhaa De came out to comment on his statement with a one-lined response that simply blew my mind away: "Bachchoo Dev Patel calls Hollywood racist. Why do you think SRK, Big B, Salman, Aamir have stayed away? Badshahs here, cabbies there. Got it, Dev?"

We hope Mr. Dev Patel did get it!

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...