RM Homecoming!

"Do you think about me now and then? Cause I'm coming home again!" - Kanye West


After taking a slight, okay a pretty long hiatus, I decided to bring back the webzine that pretty much defined me. Yes readers, Roshni Magazine is back! And honestly, I do apologize for taking this break. Let's just say life got in the way and put it there, eh? I do promise not to disappear again and in fact, I vow to bring back the magazine this time round, bigger and better. Its strange because after I briefly abandoned ship, i.e. shut down RM, I found myself bombarded with readers who questioned the reason RM was down and when it would be back. At that time, I had no clue. All I knew was that I would eventually bring it back when I had the time to seriously dedicate to the webzine. And while the time is not now, I realized when I woke up one morning very recently, that it would never be the perfect time but now. That got me thinking; why do we worry so much about tomorrow and forget about the importance of today and now?

I pondered over that question for two whole days. Why is it that we save for tomorrow but think three times before we actually indulge in an item we've been looking at for days? I can't fathom it simply because you can never be sure enough to know what lemons life will throw your way tomorrow. And I know you're supposed to make lemonade (or use them for tequila - whichever floats your boat), but what happens when life tosses you those lemons too fast and hard? How do you deal with them then? You find yourself dodging them at a rate that is faster than a speeding bullet. Amidst all this mayhem, life seems to pass you by and I would hate to think that one day I would wake up and think, "I wish I had restarted my ezine again..."

Legendary poet Kabir once said, "Kal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab". Translated, it means, what you can do tomorrow, do it now! Following his words, I decided there is no time better than now to re-kickstart my magazine; my baby. I welcome you all back to Roshni Magazine. As usual, I will be bringing to you the best in the South Asian Community; some you've heard of, other's you haven't and most you should hear of! Either way, each of them will have a story to tell, inspire you in a number of ways but most importantly, are different from the regular.

This edition is dedicated to the great personalities who have been featured in previous editions and deserve another look! So no new interviews this edition but I do encourage everyone take a read! I assure you, you will not leave uninspired.

Its great to be back!

Love and Light,
Roshni
Editor

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...