C'est La Vie!

Please please please don't hate me for not being around! Things have been insane. Where do I even begin? Professionally, writing is picking up so that is always good. But yet, of course, I've been hit with a number of bombs in my life. And for some reason the universe has very kindly picked me to aim these at YET AGAIN. So between dodging those bombs, working, and oh fighting a terrible case of the flu, you can pretty much understand the reason behind my disappearance act.

I'm not even sure what I should be blogging about today. Its a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I should have been out on soaking in the sun but due to unforeseen circumstances, I am alone at home with the deck door wide open taking the beautiful weather in and attempting to do some writing. And because after ages, I've had some real time to myself, I found myself thinking about a few things.

For starters, I've realized that I lack in one gene: the selfish one. But of course, I make up for that by being overly impulsive. But I find myself surrounded by selfish folks to have no problem in shoving you aside as long as they flourish and gain. And because people like myself realize this very late in life, we get shoved, pushed and neglected along the way. The other day, a young girl make a sacrifice for her younger brother; she gave up a cupcake for him. I looked to her and said, "You are such a doll. But promise me you'll never do it again." I think the girl was shocked. Life is not about making sacrifices and I think children need to learn that an early age. That doesn't mean you have to be mean rude and inconsiderate. I mean giving up a cupcake is hardly a life-changing sacrifice but that is how it begins. Now its cupcakes, later on it could be something life altering. Then you find yourself thinking, "Crap! If only I hadn't done so much of it earlier, it wouldn't be expected of me." Its strange but as you grow up you realize how immense your responsibilities are. You are born a child, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, niece and later add wife, mother, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law. It just gets more complicated and more intricate. And thus, demand more from you in terms of expectations which denotes sacrifice.

Life's too short people. It's not worth it. I would hate to think that I would lay on my deathbed one day regretting my life or thinking I had wasted it. C'est La Vie!

1 comment:

Anangkr said...

hmm....can the same be appilied to a male.??

surprisely I found myself in the same situation.
and MAY BE its not always women who makes sacrifices.

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...