The First Raindrops of 2009


As much as I was p'ed off when my Mom made me run an errand today evening while I was in lazy mode and plonked myself on the couch all day in my pj's while I wrote all afternoon, it landed up being one of the most coolest five minutes of my life. It rained! It was the first rainfall of 2009 and it was heavenly. The rain fell on my face and I felt like my all my negative energy, all my sins and all my pains were washed away. The sweet smell of the dirt and mud smelt better than any slice of chocolate cake or a bouquet of roses. I wish I could have captured that moment in a bottle and every time I felt down and out, I could crack open that bottle and feel whole again. It was the first time I felt every raindrop on my skin, and the cool molecules seeped through my pores sinking into my skin. Beautiful. It reminded me of times where I was happier...in Bombay. The monsoons of Bombay was the best in the world and all I can remember is the smell and the touch of the water on my skin. And after days feeling like crap, I felt myself again. And all it took was the first raindrops of 2009.

2 comments:

dumbheart said...

Rains are always beautiful....:-)

This one took me to a nostalgic feel - to get myself drenched in rain...

Faizan said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Heavy rain always lifts my spirits and takes me back in time. Lahore had the best monsoons too!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...