On not being God's favorite child...


By Roshni Mulchandani

As of late, I've been reading a lot of interview where the interviewee claim to be "God's favorite child." Of course God is entitled to having many favorites, I mean I have so many favorites. I can't choose my favorite movie cause I have too many that I like. I can't choose my favorite ice-cream flavor nor can I decide on my favorite car color. So technically I can understand if a certain percentage of theist's in the world feel that God favors them over anyone else. However, I don't feel like I am one of God's favorites and frankly I don't really feel bad about it. I believe that we are given a certain amount of strength by God and he knows who can make it and who won't. So when he's looking for up above, he says "Okay, Roshni can manage." I've been through a lot of ups and downs in my life all my own creations. So I cannot sit here and blame God for it. But I have managed to come out of all of that stronger, wiser and more determined to make it in life. I wasn't born to be a nobody and unfortunately, its taken me over 25 years to realize that. But in order for me to achieve my dreams, it will take a lot of hard hard work of my own, and not Gods favor. He has already given me fabulous parents and a gift to write, what more could I ask for from him?
It saddens me when I think of the mistakes I've made and yes I do regret them. But I don't feel like I need to sit and dwell over the past. In my opinion, I need to remember what I've done wrong but move on and make sure that I don't repeat them again. So, here I am, not one of Gods favorites, but definitely one of Gods gifted!

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...