Bollywood Venting Session!

I have a number of loves and while I can't choose between two of my biggest loves, Bollywood and Cricket, it doesn't mean I heart one more than the other. Equal pyar bhai. Both of them make me proud on days while they irk me on others. Either way, my dil goes dhak-dhak solely for them. And while I'm on a cricket high currently, I'm also on a Bollywood low. I'm not sure what's going on with Hindi film world, but right now they are doing a fab job of pissing me off. Some of what's going on in B-town is prevalent and now while other issues I have with the industry are simply ones that have been floating around in my head for a while. So here's a bit of a banter session which I need to vent about.

Chup Chup Ke Kyun?

What is up with a large population of our stars who to go on the defense with their relationship statuses'? It's almost become like a fad to keep everyone guessing about whether or not you are seeing person XYZ or not. How boring. Everyone from Shahid and Priyanka, Siddharth Mallya and Deepika to Anushka and Ranveer, seem to believe this "trend" is the way to go with relationship statuses' in Bollywood. And then it gets even worst! Bipasha and John, who couldn't stop praising and singing hymns of their compatibility, are clearly broken up now. But when instead of coming out and acknowledging that they are in fact over, they choose to take a "no comment" boring stand on the question. What's the problem Bips and John? You didn't tire of talking about each other when you were together, why the hush-hush break up? Will someone please tell all these stars that a) we don't care and 2) get over it. #epicfailbollywood

World Bigger than the Universe

I've had Sushmita Sen and Lara Dutta on my mind a lot lately. Don't get me wrong - I don't swing that way, although I do admit to claiming that Sush is the only woman in the world who could intelligently and sexily persuade me to jump the gun with her. Moving on swiftly now, I have a question for our not-so intelligent Bollywood folks: why is it our Miss World's seem to hog all the attention (and films) while our Miss Universes' seem to lag behind? Let's be a bit honest here. Ash may be more beautiful than Sush lookswise, but there has to be a reason why the latter was chosen as Miss Universe, no? Uh yeah, Sush is a million times more intelligent people! The same goes for Lara and Priyanka - although, I believe Lara is genuinely more prettier than Priyanka any day. However, Lara and Sush are by far smarter, wittier and more intelligent. However, Ash and Piggy reign far more supreme. Sad, we can't see intelligence and talent even for its true worth. #yetagainepicfailbollywood

Karan is Gone! 

Praise the lord, Karan Johar's show Koffee with Karan is seeing its seasons end! Thank you television gods for having mercy on us. This has been his worst season with stars at their fakest best. No one impressed or wowed; no one was interesting; no one decided, "Okay, I'm not gonna kiss butt". Everyone came on, rubbed each others backs and left. But it's the host, KJo who irritates me the most. I mean how annoying can you get? How much butt can you lick? And how many more times will you tell everyone how you've known Duggu and Bebo for years? We don't care. Please leave your coffee and never come back. #KaransKarvaKoffeeKaththum

Ahh! Now that makes me happy. Khunaas out, heart emptied, venting over. Shutter down, Dhukaan bandh!

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...