An Ode to Maharani Gayatri Devi


I remember a number of popular actors constantly repeating her name when they were asked to name the most beautiful woman in India- Maharani Gayatri Devi. To which I found myself saying, "Who?" It took me a lot of research to wow me. But I was pretty much floored once I saw a picture of the royal beauty. But its not just her beauty that put her on the map. The princess turned queen has helped the education of Jaipur by opening up the prominent girls school, Maharani Gayatri Devi Girls’ Public School. Of course she was mostly admired for defining the modern monarchy of India and for her incredible style which put her on the popular magazine Vogue as she was listed as one of the Top Ten Most Beautiful List.

She will be missed for defining the epitome of the Indian woman: graceful, stylish, and yet traditional.

Photo Credit: www.wikipedia.com

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...