Inspiration: Seek and Sought




I am always looking for inspiration. Not to write but inspiration to move forward in life and become someone. Like I always say, I don't believe for one minute that I was born to be a nobody. God put me here to make a difference - I just know it. For the most part, it comes in the form of a quote, or a line in a song, or a book I may read. But honestly, most of my spark to get on with it has come from good cinema. And perhaps, it wouldn't have been any other way. Thank goodness, that in more recent time, Hindi film makers have finally realized the importance of a good script. And while the actors may not be popular ones, their work is commendable enough to create a solid impact. How do I know I've been inspired? I shed a tear...or two.

The patriot gene in me is always alive and kicking. No matter what, a good flick that demonstrates great nationalism always does it. I guess it inspires me to be a better person, to appreciate my country and know that eventually I need to ensure I make a difference. Chak De India, is one movie that never fails to enlighten me. Not only does it remind me of my hockey playing days where I was a rugged and somewhat angry girl who was happiest when she was whacking a ball and girls around but it also infused self confidence in me. I realize that if a bunch of girls who had to prove their worth, before being able to play at national level, can go ahead and win, then anyone can. And it's not about winning a hockey match but about achieving in life.

Fashion does that for me too. It reminds me of the many (many, many, many) times I've fallen, had to pick myself up and said okay, lets try again. Mistakes are inevitable and after all we are only human. The climax does it for me in the film. Every time I see Priyanka Chopra face her fears and man up while dealing with an emotional trauma, and walk the ramp, I find myself burning with extra passion.

And when I'm angry or need fuel to fire my anguish to make a difference in India, I watch Rang De Basanti, Swades, Bombay and A Wednesday. Collectively, these films all give me a 3 hour crash course on how my favorite country has a messed up political system which needs fixing. And the only people who can mend the chaos happens to be the youth, who are not the slightest bit interested. Okay stop. Don't get me started on all that.

Lakshya, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander and Luck By Chance all tell me - "Roshni, life is not about taking the elevator...you need to walk up the stairs." And I think I prefer it that way. At least at the end, I can give myself credit for my successes. Like all the protagonists in the respective films, each had to fight to get to the top... some took the wrong way, others had to wait for their calling. In the end, success is yours to enjoy. No luck but hard work instead.

The one film that has inspired me to believe in real, unconditional love, which I wanted as a child and stopped yearning for after a few failed relationship, is Rubaru. Randeep Hooda is at his awesome self in this movie which really teaches you to cherish every moment in life and tell the people you love, that you do. Additionally, if a man loves you - he will do everything possible to save you from everything...including death in this case. I also learnt that men get comfortable fast and when they do, its not that they have forgotten you, they just know you're around. But what men don't realize is women need to be told they are missed, love and needed.

To sum it up, I couldn't put it any other way, "Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs." [Vaclav Havel]

Photo Credit: Get Entrepreneurial

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...