The importance of family.....

By Roshni Mulchandani

I always ramble on about things in the world and publish articles I write, which I honestly sometimes don't even agree with but writer because I'm told to. I think that's important too because it will expand my horizons as a writer. But on Friday at about 2:30 p.m., I realized the importance of family - mine especially. I saw my grandmother after five years on Friday and I was overwhelmed. Growing up, my grandmother was always around. We lived first three floors below her and then three floors above her in the same building. Every summer I visited her and my grandfather in India. If my mother is mom, then my nani is mummy, and in the same manner, my father was papa or dad and my grandfather was daddy. I can't begin to explain how much I love her and how much she means to me, and as soon as I saw her, my emotions for her came running back. But its the same for the rest of my family. My mom is my strength, my best friend and my ultimate backbone. My dad is my conscience. In the last few months, I realized that everytime I need to make a decision, I think of what my father would do and then make my decision. My sister is my best friend - I call her my angel. I nearly lost her at the age of six, and it makes me cringe to think how I would have ever managed without her. My brother is my weakness. I think back to everytime he was a kid and how adorable he was and I melt. I basically grew up more than his sister and more like his mom, he hates it. My family is so precious to me. We are a broken dysfunctional family that functions fabulously and I love it!

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...