The clock strikes midnight...and a new year begins....


By Roshni Mulchandani

Its just after 10 p.m. on the 31st of December 2008, and because I'm lucky cause I currently live in California, we still have over and hour before the clock strikes midnight and we happily welcome 2009. This year lots of things happened in my personal life and around the world that have changed me in many ways. Of course, lots of things I want to forget forever, and other things which as much as I try to, I know i'll never be able to forget and have scarred me for life. For starters, I started to take my writing more seriously - things actually got published. My family got together for Christmas this year after nine years. It was fabulous - there is nothing like spending time with your family. The Mumbai Terror Attacks made me realize a lot about my country and I actually took a firm stand on condemning it completely. I will continue to do so because the images that occurred on the 26th of November continue to haunt me and give me goosebumps. And with those and much more which I refuse to discuss on my blog, the old is out - 2008 and the new must enter - 2009.

With aspirations and dreams in my heart, I welcome 2009 with my arms wide open and a heart full of love. My resolutions is to be happy always - no matter what; I shall decide on few realistic priorities in my life. I shall only focus and pursue those priorities only. I shall make special efforts to ensure that whatever new initiative I take during this year must be a win-win option for both myself as well as for my partner, in my personal life as well as in my professional life.

Out with the old, and in with the new - the old vibes, the old news, and the old me... and in with the new... especially the new me!

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...