Movies Picks for 2013


My poor blog has been neglected since I’ve joined the world of Tatler. And I always promised I would never forget my roots, i.e. this very portal. So my New Year resolution is to blog a lot more frequently. In the meantime, I’ve been swamped with messages regarding my movie picks for 2013. So I’ve decided to end the year with my hits for the year. It was an interesting year for Hindi cinema. The films that made waves were ones that were expected to fail and vice versa. There were sequels, lots of Khan action and a few surprises.

Special 26 – May not be as great as Neeraj Pandey’s A Wednesday but definitely a smart and quick watch

ABCD – Any Body Can Dance – Prabhudeva steals the show and the dance routines are incredible

Jolly LLB – Undoubtedly one of the most underrated films of the year, which tells the story of a small town lawyer and his most important case

Aashiqui 2 – The most profitable film of the year also wins my vote for album of the year with not a single English word used in any of the
songs – win!

Raanjhanaa – Must watch for Dhanush and his amazing dance in the title song!

Lootera – Look, I’m not a Ranveer Singh fan, but Vikramaditya Motwane never fails to impress with his unique storylines and direction 

Madras Café – Surprise, surprise, John Abraham can act. Great film which tells an interesting story

The Lunchbox – Why this Irrfan Khan film didn’t make the Oscar cut, I’ll never know but its simple plot of a housewife and food is beautifully executed 

Kai Po Che! – I am the first to admit the book was better but nevertheless, Kai Po Che deserves a mention

Vishwaroop – I was forced to watch this film (thanks, Dad) but walked away wowed by the quick and unexpected storyline. Kamal Hassan never fails to impress
 
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag – The story of a man who never won gold but also never gave up. Farhan Akhtar at his best

Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani – The feel good film of the year has a weak plot but with colours, great music, fun dances and a good-looking cast, you walk away feeling young and giddy

FYI, Dhoom 3 hasn’t been watched yet but I have a feeling, it won’t make the cut. Neither did Chennai Express or Krrish 3. Didn’t work for me.

See you at the movies next year! 

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...