The Scary Rise of the 2nd Internet

In response to David Henderson's "The Scary Rise of the 2nd Internet" :

"WOW! I had no clue there was a differentiation or even a definition that is 1st and 2nd Generation Internet. I think I’m most intrigued by this idea but what I’m fascinated most about is the quick rise of Huffington Post. Considering the fact that the NY Times and Wall Street Journal have been around even before the rise of any form of internet, it definitely is a shocker to see how quickly HP has climbed the charts. I like the idea of how they operate though. It really makes sense to me because a lot of what works for the internet today, is the idea of being interactive. Huffington Post is definitely the most interactive of all news sites online.

While I personally find myself running towards the NY Times first, there are days where I can spend hours just reading what HP has to offer simply because of the fact that they generate news that is heavily searched by search engines. And yes, the most interesting part of all of this, is having the ability to debate the content. Not only can you sit and claim that XYZ is correct or incorrect but can even oust the news because it may just not appeal to your sensibilities.

I’m not sure if I agree with your claim however, that 1st generation internet leaders are “asleep”. I am an avid CNN.com fan but I think that has something to do with the fact that I like them as a newschannel on the television. If they do “wake up” then perhaps, they will be able to catch up. Until they, they’re just left behind while others are racing ahead at an insane speed.

Lovely insight! I’m enlightened!"

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...