"Roshni" in Bollywood!

Okay fooled you. I am not debuting in any Bollywood film! Sorry for misleading you. But then again I don't need to because I've been in a number of films; you just probably haven't noticed. Alright, I'm done playing around. Its not me per se who has been in a number of films but my name, Roshni, which has been heard in a number of Bollywood songs. And since I have a slight obsession with my name, I decided to list a few of my favorites where my name is necessary and prominent. Oh and if I've missed a few, do let me know.
  • "Roshni Se Bhare, Bhare. Bhare, Bhare, Naina Tere...." (Asoka)
    This song became my theme song when it came out. In fact for a while my screensaver played this song and till date, my best friend calls drunk calls me to sing this one!

  • "Dhaage Thod Lao, Chandni Se Noor Ke. Ghoonghat Bhi Bana Lo Roshni Se Noor Ke." (Jhoom Barabar Jhoom)
    I would have loved this song even if it didnt have my name. I love Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's voice and the lyrics of this one is beyond romantic.

  • "Tinka Tinka Zara Zara. Hai Roshni Se, Jaise Bhara." (Karam)
    So P.C. is definitely rocking in this one and add to that Alisha Chinoi's voice, this song is pure heaven.

  • "Roobaroo Roshni Hai." (Rang De Basanti)
    Oh I simply adored RDB especially because I am such a patriot myself. And add to that a song that sings about light everywhere, who wouldnt love it? Oh and did I mention this one is by A.R. Rahman?

  • "Yuh Gira Gira Chand Ya Teri Hai Roshni." (Bachna Ae Haseeno)
    Okay I admit. All that matters to me was that my cutie patootie Ranbir Kapoor is the one who gets to mouth my name. BUT its also a great song and one I would definitely like to dance to at my own wedding.

  • "Sholon Si Sholon Si. Teri Aakhon Ki Yeh Roshni." (Shabd)
    The oomph that is Aishwarya Rai and Sanjay Dutt is what makes this song hot and how! Its Ash's black bikini sari and Sanjay's glasses really add some sex appeal to this one.

  • "Kuch Kum Hai Roshan Hai Roshni." (Dostana)
    Oh John. Oh Abhishek! That's all I want to say about this song.
Did I miss any?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...