To cry or not to cry...

By Roshni Mulchandani

A few months ago, I complained (mostly to myself), that I had somehow, lost the sense to cry. Things and situations would upset me and I wasn't able to express myself at all. I caught myself feeling mad and forcing myself to at least attempt to shed one tear. My uncle passed away and he was someone I had grown up around a lot. I was sad and upset. I saw my mom cry away to glory sharing her grief and sorrow. But I couldn't do it. I realized, I had shed so many tears in the past, that either I had no more left or I had turned to stone. Whichever it was, it definitely wasn't good. However, even the strongest of stones eventually crack. It took some time for me to find the emotions to cry but finally I cracked. So now I finally find myself crying and tearing up at movies, over old stories, and especially when it is most needed in circumstances. Crying is one of the most oddest of emotions. If you cry too much, you're considered over emotional, and if its the latter, you are looked at as a drama queen or crybaby. Either way, crying is good for the soul - cleansing even. While I don't want to be known as a cry baby, I definitely enjoy a good cry once in a while.

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...