Luck by Chance

By Roshni Mulchandani

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
- Thomas Jefferson.

T.J is one of America's most philosophical and smartest presidents. This may sound extremely odd, but I wonder if actor-director-producer Farhan Akhtar is a reincarnation of him. After hearing an interview with him and reiiterating very similar lines, it made me scratch my head. Although, I have to agree with the two. Luck is such a baseless word. It really does not mean anything. I know of many people who complain of their lack of luck. "I'm so unlucky, I don't have a job." Question: Have you actually made a genuine effort to look for that job? Probably not.

I have no sympathy for unprofessional and people who do not believe in hard work. My grandfather always said, if you are going to do something, do it with your heart otherwise don't do it. I have always followed those guidelines even when it comes to the smallest of chores in my life: brushing my teeth or even vacuuming the carpet. I do it like I love it and give it my all. Has it bought me luck? Probably not. But it has taught me a valuable lesson. Constant hard work will present chances and those chances is luck knocking on your door.

I hardly think that any big industrialist or celebrity has gotten to the top by sitting around waiting for luck to happen. They worked hard, sweated and eventually were presented with a chance. With this one chance, which they probably made the most of, they were given more opportunities. This is the way to climb the ladder and get to the top. People who claim are just plain lucky are talking a whole lot of rot.

Lesson for the day: chuck out the lucky mascots and precious stones. Instead sweat a few beads, work hard and enjoy the fruits your tree of "luck" will bear.

No comments:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...